Become a Website Member
- It is not our desire to exclude anyone, but because of privacy concerns, website membership is available only to members of the Laurel Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church family. This is not the same as being a baptized Seventh-day Adventist member. It is not necessary for you to be a baptized member to be eligible for website membership - only that you regularly attend and fellowship with us at Laurel Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Website membership is completely voluntary. We will not upload our church member's personal information to the website unless you have indicated that you would like for us to do this for you. The system is designed to make it easy for you to create your own website membership (see instructions below). Of course, website membership is completely free.
- Once you have completed and submitted the website membership form a member of the web team will review the submitted information before it is approved. This prevents someone unknown to us from becoming a website member simply to access other member's identities. Once the approval has been made you will have access to "website members only" pages. This will usually take less than 24 hours and you will be sent an email notification.
- By default, the information you submit will be displayed in the Member Directory. However, you do not have to be listed in the Member Directory. If you would like to be a member of the website but do not wish to be listed in the Member Directory please follow the instructions below or contact Doug Drake (see contact information below).
- First and Last Name, Address, Phone, Email Address, Photo, Children, Interest, and Leadership Positions can be entered into the website membership form. However, only First and Last Names and an Email Address (and a password only you see) are required. Your email address is required because it is how the system identifies you.
- Go to the Create User Login page.
- Fill in as much of the information as you are comfortable with. First and last names and email address are required. If you share an email address with your spouse then the two of you will have a "joint" membership and should supply both your first name and your spouse's first name in the "First Name" text box, i.e. "John and Mary".
- Choose a password. Only you and the system know the password - no one else can see your password. If you forget your password you can request that the system send you a new password. This option is available near the bottom of the login screen. Click on it and an email with a new password will be sent to you. You can then change your password to the one you want from the "Edit My Profile" page (see below on how to access this page).
- Fill in the "Anti-Spam" box by typing in the letters and numbers you see in the graphic just below it. It is case-sensitive.
- On the "Newsletters" tab click on the check-boxes of the Email Newsletters you'd like to receive.
- Submit the request for membership. A member of the web team will review your request and an email will be sent to you.
- Once approved you may login using your email address as your user name.
- When you login you will be taken to the "Welcome" page. At the bottom of the page (just below the bottom gold band) on the right side you will find a link titled "My Profile". Clicking on this link will take you to the "Edit My Profile" page where you can change any of your information you'd like and/or your password.
- Also, on the "Directory" tab of the "Edit My Profile" page you can check or uncheck the "Directory  (check to be included in the online directory.)" check box. If it's checked you'll be included; if it's unchecked you won't be included.
- Additionally, on the "Directory" tab, you can upload a "Profile" picture of yourself to display in the Member Directory. Pictures that are 120 pixels wide by 160 pixels in height (or have a 120 x 160 aspect ratio) work best. If you need help getting your picture to look right please contact Doug Drake (see below).